Choosing the right assisted living community is one of the most important decisions you’ll ever make. Besides considering the community’s culture, staff, and amenities, you’ll also want to think about its location. Perhaps we’re a bit biased, but we believe Mars Hill, NC is the best place to retire! Read our reasons why, and see if you agree.
- Mars Hill is nestled in the beautiful mountains of Western North Carolina. Nothing compares to life in the Blue Ridge Mountains. Every season offers its own special beauty, and living in the mountains has even been shown to help people live happier, healthier lives.
- The town offers a simpler way of life. With a population of just over 2,000, Mars Hill is a friendly community with small-town mountain charm that offers plenty of shopping, dining, and cultural activities.
- It’s convenient to larger towns. A short drive is all it takes to experience popular destinations like Asheville and Waynesville, NC and Greeneville and Johnson City, TN.
- It’s the home of Mars Hill University. MHU is private, four-year liberal arts college that offers a wealth of cultural experiences, including lecture series, concerts, and plays. Residents of MHR are free to participate in the events at the college, and can even sit in on classes!
- The town of Mars Hill has a rich cultural history. Mars Hill was the birthplace of Bascom Lamar Lunsford, the “Minstrel of the Appalachians,” who is credited with introducing mountain music to the world. The historic Owen Theater hosts a range of events such as clogging performances and student plays, and the Weizenblatt Gallery features local and national artists.
If you’re considering assisted living, we’d love to talk to you about all Mars Hill has to offer. Call us today; we’ll be happy to show you why Senior Advisor named us Best in Assisted Living for 2020!