In addition to wearing a mask and gloves and keeping sanitizing wipes on hand, the CDC has recommended the following procedures to help keep us all safe and healthy when we need to leave our homes to run necessary errands or when we receive mail and other deliveries:
• Use gloves or disinfecting wipes on handles and buttons before you touch them.
• After fueling, use a hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds as soon as you can, or when you get home, with soap and water.
Accepting deliveries and takeout orders and collecting mail
• Limit in-person contact if possible.
• Pay online or on the phone when you order (if possible).
• Accept deliveries without in-person contact whenever possible. Ask for deliveries to be left in a safe spot outside your house (such as your front porch or lobby), with no person-to-person interaction. Otherwise, stay at least 6 feet away from the delivery person.
• After receiving your delivery or bringing home your takeout food, wash your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use a hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
• After collecting mail from a post office or home mailbox, wash your ands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use a hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
For more information about COVID-19, including ways to keep you and your loved ones safe, visit the CDC website.