Struggling to come up with the perfect gift for a loved one who lives in an assisted living community? The MHRC staff came up with few ideas for you!
- The gift of time. Nothing beats your presence. Giving time to someone you love is the most precious gift they can receive.
- Gift certificate to the beauty shop. Everyone likes to look glamorous. A new haircut is sure to be a winner.
- Cozy bathrobe and/or slippers. The gift of warmth and coziness is hard to beat.
- Favorite snack items. 2:00 am cravings…solved.
- All occasion greeting cards. Let them show someone else they are loved (don’t forget the stamps).
- Pre-filled address book. Goes well with #5.
- Preloaded electronic picture frame or a memory box to hang on their wall. Make sure it’s of people and or places they love!
- Hand lotions and favorite toiletries. We all run out sometimes.
- Automatic nightlights (so they can find those snacks at 2:00 am).
- Washable fabric walker caddie (helps when carrying items to activities and the dining room).
May the good times and treasures of the present become the golden memories of tomorrow for your lovely family, just as our childhood memories of holidays past are such happy recollections now. Wishing you lots of love, joy and happiness. Merry Christmas!