Mars Hill Retirement Community is a member of the Assisted Living Federation of America (ALFA) and follows ALFA's Philosophy of Care for Assisted Living.
- Offering cost-effective quality care that is personalized for the individual's needs
- Fostering independence for each resident
- Treating each resident with dignity and respect
- Promoting the individuality of each resident
- Allowing each resident choice of care and lifestyle
- Protecting each resident's right to privacy
- Nurturing the spirit of each resident
- Involving family and friends, as appropriate, in care
planning and implementation
- Providing a safe residential environment
- Making the assisted living residence a valuable community asset
Mars Hill Retirement Community is a new development by Justus M. Ammons, a native of Mars Hill whose family still has deep roots in the area. The Ammons family have developed, owned and managed many communities across North Carolina and are experienced providers in the retirement industry.
With 56 apartments, our community sets a higher standard for spacious Assisted Living. Apartments range from Studios to Two Bedrooms. Our goal has been to be as residential oriented as possible as an Assisted Living Community. The community will be managed following a Wellness Model, that encourages resident input, participation, and satisfaction. Several quality amenities are included to provide comfortable living. The community is licensed as an Assisted Living community and will provide assistance with acts of daily living.